Chiropractor is a Greek word that means “hand done”. It simply refers to anything that is done by the hands. A chiropractor Thornbury is a primary contact practitioner. This is why it is possible for patients to see a chiropractor without a referral from their GP. Their main focus is on spinal treatment using their hands for examining and treating health conditions relating to the bones, joints, and muscles. A chiropractor is trained to suggest exercises for treating and rehabilitating health conditions relating to the bones, joints, and muscles. Besides this, chiropractors also offer lifestyle, dietary, and nutritional advice.
A broad range of techniques are used by chiropractors for diagnosing musculoskeletal problems such as diagnostic imaging (x-rays and MRIs) and clinical examination. With the help of these diagnostic methods, the professional offers the appropriate treatment. Now, if chiropractic care is not the right option or if there is a need to seek the help of another health care professional, the chiropractor would refer you to them.
In most of the cases like lower back pain, the chiropractor will provide the primary treatment. On the other hand, some medical conditions might require chiropractic services along with medical treatment to relieve the musculoskeletal aspects of the condition.
When Should You Consider Chiropractic Care?
Back problems and painful joints can be caused by household chores, sports injuries, accidents, work, and even daily stress. If you experience muscle pain or aching joints that affect your ability to make it through the day, chiropractic Thornbury may prove helpful. It is important that you seek help if you are unable to perform your favorite activities. It will help ensure that you benefit from healthy joint functioning and spine. The following are some of the main reasons why people seek chiropractic care.
- Restricted Movement (Limbs, Neck, Shoulders, or Back)
- Sports-Related Injuries
- Work-Related Injuries
- Overuse Injuries
- Sprains and Strains Due to Daily Activities
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
Referral for Chiro Northcote
The good news is that you do not need to get a referral to visit a chiropractor.
If you undergo chiropractic examination, here is what you can expect.
- Thorough medical history evaluation.
- Visual inspection of the spinal curves or any other health indicators.
- Checking of your vital signs like blood pressure, respiration rate, pulse, and body temperature.
- Use of hands for feeling your spine along with muscles and other soft tissues to provide support.
- Orthopedic examination to detect underlying health conditions relating to soft tissues, muscles, joints, bones, and spine as well tendons and ligaments.
- Neurological examination to assess the functioning of your cranial, sensory, and motor nerves.
A differential diagnosis will be made by the chiropractor based on the examination. A working diagnosis will be determined to ensure proper treatment.
A chiropractor is an important professional who can help provide you with effective treatment for bone, muscle, and joint problems. Through chiropractic care, you will find much-needed relief.