Heel pain Melbourne is one of the conditions most people experience but
What causes heel pain
There is a large ligament which exists under the sole of the foot. This usually
The gradual tearing of this ligament results
What are common causes of heel pain?
- Changing the footwear can alter forces on the plantar fascia
- A recent weight gain can contribute to overloading
- Increased activity level may also be a factor if the exercising loads have changed
- Abnormal flattening of the foot arches can contribute to overloading
- High arched or rigid feet may also experience an abnormal force on the plantar fascia
- Another possible cause is nerve entrapment.
The treatment of heel pain generally occurs in stages. At the early stage of heel pain, aggressive calf muscle stretching should be started. Also, you need to take oral anti-inflammatory medication as well as over the counter drugs. The next stage of treatment might consist of continued calf muscle stretching exercises, cortisone injections and
However, a functional foot orthotics might be considered if this treatment fails. A functional orthotic is a device which is prescribed and fitted by your foot doctor, this fits in a normal shoe such as arch support. Unlike any kind of arch support, the orthotic corrects the abnormal pronation of the subtalar joint. Thus, orthotics Camberwell
Although, there are some exceptions to this course of treatment
The surgery will illuminate the pain but the process which cause the pain would continue if orthotics
Podiatry Camberwell specializes in the treatment of heel pain and should be contacted for any form of heel pain regardless of whether it is an adult or a child.